First Timer’s Guide
(Reservations Required During Holiday Periods)
Thank you for choosing Brian Head Resort! We are committed to making learning to ski or snowboard as fun and hassle free as possible. We want you to be comfortable and confident as you hit the slopes for the first time. The information below is intended to help make your first visit a success.
Before You Arrive
- Print-off our convenient checklist to make sure you are prepared with the proper clothing and accessories for a day on the mountain. If you’re lacking any of the essentials, we offer a full line of winter gear at our High Mountain Outfitters retail shops located at both our Navajo Lodge and Learning Center and our Giant Steps Lodge.
- Check the forecast for the day(s) you are coming.
- Read and understand the Skier Responsibility Code to help you stay safe on the slopes.
When You Arrive
- Our Navajo Lodge and Learning Center is THE place to be for your first visit. It is located on the right-hand (south) side of Highway 143 shortly after you enter the Town of Brian Head.
- Once parked, feel free to ask one of our Parking Attendants if you need assistance getting your gear to the Lodge. They’re there to help!
- As you enter the front doors, you’ll be greeted by one of our friendly Guest Service Attendants waiting to direct you to where you need to be. Let them know that you are here for the first time.
- Please plan on up to 30 minutes to get through the equipment rental process. Our professional Rental Staff pride themselves in getting you through the process as quickly as possible, but it is important to your comfort and success that your equipment is the perfect fit.
- Children’s lessons meet in our Kids Camp area located on the upper floor, and adult lessons meet outside the Rental shop on the lower floor. You will receive specific instructions in your reservation confirmation package.
- There’s no need to pack your equipment home with you at the end of the day. We offer free overnight ski/snowboard equipment storage on the lower level of both of our Lodges.
When You’re on the Mountain
- At high elevations, it’s essential to hydrate before and during your visit. We offer a variety of beverages at our cafes located in both our Navajo and Giant Steps Lodges.
- Always be aware of the difficulty level of the trail that you are entering (view our trail map here), and be conscious of other skiers and boarders. Our trails are rated according to difficulty as follows:
- Green – Easiest
- Blue – More Difficult
- Black – Most Difficult
- If you’re on the slopes and need directions, help with your equipment, or medical assistance, look for one of our Ski Patrol staff dressed in a red jacket with a white cross, or call 435-677-2035.
- Surrounded by majestic views of snowcapped peaks, red-rock spires and warm-hued canyons, we believe Brian Head Resort is the most scenic winter destination in the world. So don’t forget to take pictures to share your first-time experience, and be sure to tag us on Facebook or Instagram @ Brianheadresort.